Dubai Human Development Award
Dubai Human Development Award was launched in 2002 to recognise and reward the HR initiatives taken by individual business organizations towards achieving Dubai Human Development goal, which does not merely involve providing work opportunities to UAE nationals, but aims to develop their abilities and emphasize their role in the future of this country through intensive training and guidance.
A message From
H.H Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum
UAE Vice President, Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum
The UAE has witnessed thirty glorious years of social and economic progress. All through this period of unparalleled growth, our leaders headed by H.H. Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, President of the UAE, and H.H. the late Sheikh Rashid Bin Saeed Al Maktoum, increasingly focused on the country's most valuable asset-the sons and daughters of the UAE.
Their vision, together with the efforts of educational, social and economic establishments, led to an improvement in the standards of education and culture amongst our people. Over a short period of time, they began to achieve much success in both the public and private sectors.
Having now embarked on an exciting and challenging new voyage into the age of information technology and the new economy, we would like the nationals of the United Arab Emirates to play a greater role in the economic development and progress of our country.
This would require them to be absorbed by the private sector, which plays a pioneering role in present and future development efforts.
To encourage the private sector to help us develop the capabilities of our people, I have decided to launch the Dubai Human Development Award. The Award will recognize and reward the initiatives taken by individual organizations towards achieving our goal.
The Award is part of a comprehensive initiative called Dubai Human Development which does not merely involve providing work opportunities to UAE nationals, but aims to develop their abilities and emphasize their role in the future of this country through intensive training and guidance.
I call upon all organizations in Dubai, regardless of size or activity, to participate in, and contribute to this worthy initiative and to the progress of our beloved country.
The Dubai Human Development Award aims to achieve the following:
Benefits of the Award
- Promote awareness and understanding of necessary requirements of developing UAE nationals, among Dubai's private sector.
- Encourage Dubai's private sector to actively participate in the development of UAE nationals, and to recruit as many UAE nationals as possible.
- Acknowledge and reward the distinguished efforts and achievements of Dubai's private sector in the development of UAE nationals
- Encourage Dubai's private sector to offer development and training services, to help improve the capabilities and efficiency of job seeking UAE nationals.
- Conduct and publish research and statistics concerning development of UAE nationals.
Organizations participating in the Dubai Human Development Award will benefit in the following ways:
In addition, winners will:
- Playing a leading role in today’s business society.
- Absorbing highly qualified nationals who will maximize the organisation’s growth potential.
- Giving itself the valuable framework of Dubai Human Development Award.
- Earn the prestige and recognition associated with winning the Award
- Winners will be upgraded to (A) Category Organisation in the Ministry of Labor and receive all the benefits for (A) Category Organisations
- Benefit from extensive media coverage given to winners and their logo and other information will be displayed on the Award’s website
- Winners will have the right to use the Award’s logo
- Dubai Human Development Appreciation Award (DHDAA)
- Dubai Human Development Award (DHDA)
- Dubai Human Development Award (Gold Category)
- Semi government (per sector)