Business Transaction Guidelines
Directive for Customers
Awareness – Accountability
To make Dubai
The City of Excellence
No commercial, industrial, or professional activity is allowed without a license:
The DED is issuing these directives for you as to show you the best way of practicing the above activities in the emirate of Dubai in order to help you avoid any state of noncompliance and violations.
The task of the Compliance Division is to ensure the existence of the following requirements:
- A license
- Permitted activity
- A location/site
Complying with specified activity within the rules and laws helps you avoid a lot of problems, and to ensure avoiding that you will have to have to do or avoid doing the following:
- No activity should be taken without a license stick to the activity/activities specified in it get permission if you need to add another activity.
- Business site must not be used for residential purpose.
- Approval is needed for relocating your business.
These are additional activities that need permits as prerequisite:
Opening extra office/offices on an exiting license in the same
- Opening for work beyond the regular hours (after 12 pm)
- Working daytime during the month of Ramadan (restaurants/cafeterias)
- Working in offices located in premises for vehicles mechanicals testing.
- Installing an ATM outside the bank premises
- Conducting business activity from vehicles or carts
- Promotional campaigns
- Advertisement posters
Avoid the following activities and practices:
- Location: opening a site closed by DED or its license has been cancelled
- Fireworks: sale of dangerous fireworks
- Phone calls: conducting sale or promotional activities through the phone or door to door contact
- Unlicensed vendors: permitting or facilitating the use of you're premises by these streets vendors
- Health warning: lack of health warning on cigarettes packages and advertisements
- Shadings: placing shades or shading material on front windows of game halls to prevent viewing from outside
- Public morality: sale/displaying printed materials that go against public morality or Islamic teaching
- Maintenance: not maintaining the signboards when damaged
- Clearance: not abiding by the clearance period
- Tickets: sale of promotion tickets
- Settlements: not settling the promotion campaign within two months
- Closed cabins: closed cabins inside the coffee shops
- Games halls: not abiding by the no-smoking rules and timing schedules for youngsters
- Warehouses: using warehouses for activities (commercial, industrial, or professional) should be authorized by concerned authorities
- Loudspeakers: abuse of these is not allowed
- Inappropriate pictures: placing such pictures on goods or signboards
- Corridors: the use of these to display goods for sale
- Workers as street venders: allowing you workers as street venders
- Signboards: displaying signboards without a permit
- Posters: defacing wall of building with any type of posters
- Forgery: presenting false or misleading documents to DED
- Gambling: setting up machines or devices or any type of conduct intended for gambling
- Beauty salons and gyms: men working in lady salons and gyms and vice versa
- Water pipes (Sheesha) and cigarettes: offering these to youngsters
- (below legal age)
- Advertising sale and renting of commercial licenses: using any type of public media to advertise such acts
- Calling: calling out loud to attract the attention of buyers
- Unbecoming advertising behavior: placing ads. material on sidewalks and corridors.
- Mishandling: Mishandling promotion raffle draws.
- Prizes: Not granting the winners the prize he has own.
- Compliance: Serving (Sheesha) outside the premises after (12:00pm)
- Storing: Storing materials inside the offices or residential flats.